Monday, August 11, 2008

First Appointment Today

Today was my first pregnancy appointment. So starts the beginning. I go back in four weeks and so on and so forth. At the mere age of 11 weeks from conception this is being pegged as my difficult child. Sandy, my midwife, couldn't find the heartbeat. She said everything felt like it was measuring fine, but she didn't want me to worry about it so she got the ultrasound machine out. She found the baby right away, but it was all curled up and snug. Wouldn't move, wouldn't move... Finally it moved! It stretched all out, then it wouldn't stop moving. We never got a heartbeat count. Sandy said the heart rate didn't really matter, as long as we could see that the baby was moving, and thus alive. So, there you have it. Only one baby there, and a difficult one at that. Just my luck. Probably it's a girl. Burger would love to boast his baby-gender guessing skills! Anyways, all is well. Baby is moving and measuring fine. Jacob has his 2 year old check-up tomorrow at 3. Hopefully everything will go well there, also. I am going to take a nap now, I think I deserve it! Have a good day everyone!

No comments: