Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A Little Poem

Mother, oh mother, come shake out your cloth.
Empty the dustpan, poison the moth.
Hang out the washing and butter the bread.
Sew on a button and make up a bed.
Where is the mother whose house is so shocking?
She's up in the nursery, blissfully rocking.
Oh I've grown shiftless as Little Boy Blue (lullaby,rock-a-bye,Lullaby loo).
Dishes are waiting and bills are past due (pat-a-cake, darling, and peek-a-boo).
The shopping is not done and there's nothing for stew.
And out in the yard there's a hullabaloo.
But I'm playing 'Kanga' and this is my 'Roo'.
Look! Aren't his eyes the most wonderful hue? (lullaby, rock-a-bye, lullaby loo).
The cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow,
For children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs.
Dust go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.


Obviously, I didn't write it. But I found it on a website and thought it was lovely. Just wanted to share it. Yesterday Jacob did much better using the potty. I broke down after Monday and bought some Pull-Ups. He pooped his pants three times on Monday and I couldn't handle it any more. So yesterday he wore Pull-Ups and didn't pee in them once. He also pooped in the potty! So I am feeling better about it today, like we are making some progress. Thank goodness. Emrick is being a little pistol today. She cried all night last night. Well, she slept well from nine until twelve-thirty then ate a bottle and cried the rest of the night. Finally around six-thirty this morning she fell asleep. But then Jacob woke up and woke her up. We have been having great fun today! I put her in her swing and she has been sleeping there for a while now. Another thank goodness. I am getting ready to shower (hopefully) because I have an eye appointment this afternoon. I am going to a place called Vision4Less and they say it's a one hour service. As in I will get my eyes checked and pick glasses and come back in an hour to pick them up. Like one hour photos. Cool, huh? I will let you know if that's how it works out. Possibly post a pic if I get new frames.

1 comment:

mandydake said...

Ohhh.. That made me think of Employee of the Month! Did you see it? There is a whole part with Andy Dick and he works in an "about an hour" glasses place. Funny.