Sunday, February 28, 2010

Avent Leaked on Me for the Last Time

Emrick is a big girl now and doesn't drink from a bottle anymore! She likes her bottles and at first I wasn't even going to try taking them out of the picture until she was a bit older. But then last Friday I had to change her birthday dress because the stinkin' bottle leaked all over her for no apparent reason. If you have ever used Avent bottles then you probably know what I'm talking about. And when it happened on Friday I was thinking to myself that pretty soon I wouldn't have to deal with it anymore. So I bought her a Nuby Sports Sipster and she loves it. It's pretty much a 'big kid' bottle but I don't really care. It doesn't leak! I officially packed all the bottles away today, leaving just one out in case of an emergency.

Jacob will be meeting with a teacher on Tuesday afternoon for his developmental screening that will establish where he will be placed for pre-K. We are really hoping he gets into the school right down the street from us since it's our school district and that's where he will go to kindergarten. He is getting so big and he is so excited to go to school! Today he made cupcakes with my mom in the microwave. I was skeptical but it actually looks like they turned out. And, tonight while I was laying in bed snugging Jacob to sleep, he was playing with his new car from Grandma and I noticed that he has the most adorable and chubby little boy hands. I was wishing that I had a camera in my hand so I could catch it on film (well, my camera is digital...) But I don't carry my camera with my constantly so I told myself to make sure to take a 'mental picture' so I could always try to remember how perfect and lovely he is at this age.

1 comment:

mandydake said...

I totally know what you are talking about. All we used with Jason and the twins were Avent. And we had those random leaks ALL THE TIME!! Grrrrrrr! Glad those days are gone.