Monday, March 8, 2010

Sigh

Well, we went out Saturday to look at vans and ended up buying one. New to us is a 2003 Chevy Venture with not quite 84,000 miles. Leather all around and heated seats in the front. A DVD player for Jacob, with headphones. All the bells and whistles you could want. We drove it home and moved in. Then later that evening we drove it to the grocery store and the 'check engine soon' light popped on. We stopped at the dealer but they had just closed and told us to come back Monday (today.) Today I called and set up an appointment with their service department then called the dealer we bought the van from. He was unable to answer his phone so I left a message asking him to call me back. An hour later he hadn't called me back so I called him and told him the situation and he said he would talk to me when I got there for the service appointment. But when I got there, he was no where to be found. I talked to his sales partner instead and when they found out the catalytic converter was the problem he told me that the warranty on the van doesn't cover that. Then he offered that they would pay half the $250 bill. I called Burger and my dad and they both said that if I like the van to pay and have it fixed instead of returning it. I do like the van so it is in being repaired right now. Whether the van turns out to be a good choice or not, I will say that I am not impressed with Community Motors in Cedar Falls and will not be buying from them again.

No comments: