Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A Job In The Making

I have a friend who is a nurse in the ICU at Allen hospital. She has to work on Christmas Day but she doesn't mind. She loves her job. It's what she trained for all those years and to actually be able to work her knowledge is empowering to her. This is a great attitude! I have no aspirations. I used to. I wanted to work with kids. I wanted to teach valuable lessons while having fun. I always figured I would have kids, when I found the right guy. Enter Burger. And a short while later, Jacob. We decided that I would stay home and teach our own kids before entering the world. The problem is, I love this so much I might just stay here forever. The world can teach it's own kids! I know we need nurses and teachers and professional people, and I might join them some day. But for now, I am handing over my 'get-a-job' card and hibernating in my house with my babies.

No comments: