Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Short and Sweet

I don't think it's any secret that I have had a much harder time adjusting to Emrick than I did with Jacob. Probably more for the fact that there are two of them, and it's hard to make two people happy at the same time! But also, Emrick is a finicky personality and kind of difficult to entertain. I have certainly had my days where I questioned our parenting decisions. What parent doesn't? But last night at dinner, with Emrick sitting in her high chair right up there in between Jacob and myself, I had the mommy moment I have kind of been waiting for since I got a positive sign on that pee stick. Emrick was chewing on her pink hippo's ear and I asked her if she was telling it secrets. Jacob thought that was ludicrous and hilarious. He was laughing his butt off, Emrick was laughing her butt off, and I was laughing my butt off. With tears in my eyes. Because that is exactly what my kids are supposed to feel like. Perfect giggles.

No comments: