Thursday, January 22, 2009

Oh, Yeah...

I want to start off by sharing that I didn't work today. I turned cartoons on for Jacob and proceeded to sleep on my couch snuggled in until 9:30 this morning. Glorious. When I wok up, for some odd reason, I decided to cut the dog's hair. By myself. With scissors. So I stuck him in the bath tub and snipped away. I would post a picture for all to see, but I don't think you really want to see it. Why do I do these things? What on Earth would ever posses someone to cut a border collie's fur with scissors? I should know better, I've tried it before. Well, at least he's not shaggy anymore. And he will never know the difference. Just don't make fun of Max if you see him wondering the streets with his knapsack and a can of baked beans. Yes, he looks like a homeless dog. On a totally different note, it dawned on me in the middle of the night last night that I am about to push a brand new totally unwritten human being into this world. She will have a story completely and utterly different than any that has ever been heard. Yes, I have given birth before, but not to her. It won't be the same. I have held a baby before and snuggled the sweet innocence. But not hers. Why would this come as a shock to me now, after hauling her around in my uterus for almost nine months?

No comments: