Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Overwhelmed

Why didn't anyone tell me how much crazy was going to be around here with two kids? I feel like someone could have warned me! My house is always a mess. There are always piles of laundry and dishes and toys and crumbs spread around the whole place. And dog hair. And more toys that my kids don't even play with. And crayons and markers that Emrick grabs without anyone noticing. I think some of it has to do with the fact that we live in a very small space but I think more of it has to do with the fact that we just have too much stuff. Stuff is every where and it's starting to make me feel claustrophobic. I'm also outnumbered. If I'm busy with one kid then the other is destroying something. The only time I can shower is when Emrick is napping or if Burger is home. But even then it's a struggle.

I really love my kids and blah blah blah all that good stuff. And when Burger is home things are a little more even around here. But most of the time Burger is at work and I have a headache and two wild crazy things running around while I try to make things work. I wouldn't change my life for anything. Not even billions of dollars so I could hire nannies and house cleaners and personal chefs and drivers. The truth is, I would be insanely bored with that. I love chasing my kids around and trying to figure things out but it's really hard. Really really hard some days.

No comments: