Monday, September 13, 2010

CLEANING!!




We are cleaning. We have been planning on cleaning and then just never got around to it. But yesterday I decided that I needed to go through my and Burger's clothes and when I dumped them all out I decided that what I really needed to do is rearrange the bedroom and go through ALL the stuff in there. See, we only have two bedrooms in this house so the kids sleep in the same room and all the clothes that belong to this house are in the bedroom that Burger and I share. All the toys are in the dining room and basement. But to make life easier, there are also no closets in this house. So I have three dressers and then five totes of clothes in my room. And two totes for extra sheets and blankets because there's no linen closet. Oh, the joys of living in a house built in 1933... Anyhow, it actually really works for us. But my room can get a bit cluttered at times. And since we haven't done anything in there since we moved here in 2008 I decided that it was time. We pulled everything out and it was kind of a big deal. I wanted to pull the carpet out, too but Burger wouldn't let me! Today I bought some shelves for the wall in the living room and a shelf thing to use as a side table. I love Target! The plan is to move to the basement and completely clean it out. We will be donating a ton of things to Salvation Army or shelters. I am really excited at the idea of a clean house. Clean where visitors see it, but also really clean everywhere else. And as clutter free and I can get it!

No comments: