Friday, May 8, 2009

Really? On a Friday?

Yesterday Jacob had a fever. Today a nasty, deep cough. And sneezing, and snotty nose. I feel sad for him to feel sick, but really, did it have to be on a Friday? Now what kind of weekend do I have to look forward to? I think I'll stop at Wal-Mart tonight and look into some cough medicine, even though you're not supposed to give any to kids under the age of six.

Emrick is also grumpy today. She is not snotty and coughing, thank goodness. Just grumpy. She had a hard time sleeping last night, so I think she's just really tired. On Monday morning she goes to the doctor to get her shots. We'll see how much she weighs and how tall she is. She's growing like a weed! In other news, she also has a terrible terrible diaper rash. Tried every diaper cream and nothing works. I vaguely remember going through this with Jacob. Not only with diapers, but now with underwear. Lord, help me. So, if you have any suggestions besides the regular (change her every two hours, diaper cream, let her be naked for a while every day, blah, blah, blah) let me know! I am thinking the doctor is going to have to give us a prescription for her bum.

I am also grumpy today. What else is new? Seriously, it's my new attitude. Everything sucks. I'm tired, I have a headache, and my house is a gigantic disaster. Story of my life. Jacob is loud and never ever stops talking. People tell me that's what two-year-olds do, but I'm pretty sure if they had to deal with the incessant talking of my child for even a few hours they would totally be singing a different tune. He wakes Emrick up, mostly by accident, but sometimes when she's sleeping in her swing and he's in a nasty mood he'll get in her face and say loudly "Emrick! WAKE UP!" Probably just to piss me off. He seems to do a lot of things for that reason these days. But, he's so super cute and innocent looking when he's naughty that you can't stay mad at him! He is camped out on the sofa today. Obviously he doesn't feel well. I am off to clean Dorothy Fish's bowl and maybe some laundry. Enjoy your weekend. I will try.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

a friend told me to use foot antifungal. I talked to the dr and he agreed about it. it seems to help with ry's but we may have to take him in anyway cause it won't stay gone.

plus ry talks and talks and talks. all the time. if someone else is talking to me, he says"mom" until I answer him.