Monday, January 23, 2012

Well...


Christmas came and went. New Year's came and went. Now we're coming into February. Emrick's birthday! I had a really rough summer/fall/winter. Burger and I somehow got detoured to Hell. We've found a few maps and are making our way home, but it's not always as easy as it sounds. The good news is that I can easily think of a million plus one things that could have been worse.

Jacob went to his first day in public school kindergarten today. It wasn't what I wanted, it wasn't even close to what I planned. But that's just how life works. He was happy to buy a new Clone Wars lunch bag and water bottle, so I am happy, too. His teacher's name is Ms. Hess, and when she showed him the book shelf full of books and told him to pick four to put in his own bin to read while waiting for all the kids to get to the classroom in the morning, he completely forgot who I was. He was nervous but excited. So I am excited for him. And when I pick him from school every day I will hug him and kiss him and always remember that he used to be completely mine and Burger's. But, just as we teach our kids, we always have to share our good stuff.

No comments: