Wednesday, January 25, 2012

School days!


I picked Jacob up at school yesterday and he wasn't wearing his hat. I asked him where was his hat at and he told me that he had accidentally left it on the bus. Bus?! Well, he doesn't ride a bus, so naturally I had a few questions. He told me without hesitation that they had taken a bus on a field trip to the children's art museum! I was immediately annoyed that I had not been informed of any such trip from the school but thought that maybe since it was only his second day, I had missed the note home. As the night went on, he was telling me more and more about their field trip. How the teachers brought cereal bars for all the kids and how they made pictures in the art room and the ladies at the museum were going to hang all the student's pictures on the wall! It was a really fun day! When I dropped him off at school this morning I questioned his teacher about the trip to the museum. She stared at me blankly, telling me that they always ALWAYS send home permission slips. And that no such trip had taken place. Not even kind of. Jacob had accidentally left his hat in his locker, the imaginary bus.

No comments: