Friday, January 27, 2012

We don't forget

With all this posting about Jacob and his new school, you may think that I have forgotten about dear, sweet Emrick. I promise, I have done no such thing. Trust me, she wouldn't allow it! But, before I get started on what Emrick's been up to lately, I want to tell you about Jacob's award assembly at school this morning. They had math awards, reading awards, leadership awards, and one award each for music, library, and gym. Jacob didn't get any of the academic awards because he's new and they haven't had a chance to see him show off his amazing academic skills just yet. But, Ms. Hess did make a point to tell the audience that he was new and that's the reason he wasn't getting any academic awards. I thought that was nice. He got a leadership award and is very pleased with himself. I forgot my camera, but took a few snaps with my phone. I have misplaced the cord to hook my phone to my computer but when I find it, I will try to post a picture of him at his award assembly.

Now, what has Emrick been up to? Well, yesterday morning she climbed up and got my camera and removed the batteries. Then placed the batteries in the microwave. For 7 seconds, then Jacob noticed and shut the microwave off. Thank goodness! They didn't have time to explode or melt or anything, we threw them away and bought new ones. Yesterday she also emptied out the art bins completely. Papers, pens, crayons, etc... The scissors, glue, and markers are put up high where she shouldn't be able to reach them. But about a week or so ago she got the glue and glued several pieces of black construction paper to the wall in the dining room. When I came up from the laundry the glue was still wet so we just took the papers down and scrubbed the glue off the wall! We have been teaching Jacob his coins, the names and how much they're worth. So we have had their piggy banks out a lot. Emrick decided she didn't want money in hers so she dumped it all out (like, nearly $20 worth of coins) and spread them all around the house. So she could fill her piggy bank up with dominoes. I suspect we will be finding change in random places for a long while. But, I am happy to report, she still has her pleasant demeanor about her. Emrick really is such a lovely person to be around. I'm not even exaggerating or saying this with sarcasm. She does some really naughty things sometimes but she is an amazingly calm person to hang out with.

No comments: