Thursday, December 16, 2010

What?

A post? But you just posted a video yesterday, Mandi. What's going on? Well, I really just want to tell you all about Jacob's schooling. Quick like. I am so amazed by the things they are teaching him in preschool. PRESCHOOL! I didn't learn the stuff they are teaching him until first grade. Since beginning school in August Jacob has learned:
-How to write his name
-Simple math problems like 4+3=
He learned how to write them, read them, and solve them!
-The other day he was in his room and he wrote me a note that said, "No mom I love you."
-He knows about the cover and the title page on books and knows what the author and illustrator do.
-He knows what a period in a sentence is and what it means. Also exclamation points!
-He is a pro at making patterns!

I'm sure there is a lot more, but those are the things that come to mind right now. He says/does something everyday that amazes me! He is getting really good at writing his letters and numbers but has to concentrate, which is hard for him sometimes. He wrote "Love Jacob' on the Christmas cards for his teachers and did marvelous! I am really loving that he is learning this stuff so quickly, and he really seems to like learning it! Makes my heart so happy!

No comments: